The Booze Filled Icebox Cake is one of the most delicious alcohol-based desserts of all time, trust us. This insanely tasty booze cake is infused with dark Jamaican rum and Peppermint Schnapps so you can get a little tipsy on while you're having your dessert. Basically all we can say is that this icebox cake really takes the... first place prize in baked goods.
BOOZE FILLED ICEBOX CAKE
1 oz. (30ml) Dark Jamaican rum
2 oz. (60ml) Peppermint Schnapps
6 ounces semi sweet chocolate
4 tbsp cocoa powder
6 tbsp white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 boxes chocolate wafer cookies (80-90 cookies- I used Nabisco famous chocolate wafers)
2 candy canes, crushed
10" Cake Platter
1. Melt the chocolate and stir in brown sugar. Let cool for a few minutes before adding the rum.
2. Beat the heavy cream in a bowl until thickened. Add sugar and continue beating until peaks hold. Divide into two bowls.
3. Fold chocolate mix into one of the bowls and peppermint schnapps into the other.
4. Spread 1 tsp of the chocolate whipped cream onto base of serving platter and top with 14 wafer cookies.
5. Top with a layer of peppermint cream and repeat until ingredients have been used.
6. Refrigerate overnight and garnish with crushed candy canes.