Brace yourselves bourbon lovers, 'cause this Bourbon Banana Flambé is hot, boozy, and extremely delicious. This alcohol-infused dessert, which was made by Gemma Stafford, has tons of sugary cinnamon flavor, plus a whole lot of bourbon. It's the perfect dessert dish for people looking for something tasty that'll get them tipsy.
BOURBON BANANA FLAMBÉ
½ stick of butter
½ cup brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then halved
¼ cup bourbon
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
1. Combine butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a skillet.
2. Place pan over medium, heat on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and a caramel sauce forms.
3. Place the bananas in the pan, cut side down, and cook for 2 minutes until they just start to soften.
4. Use a spoon to flip the bananas over and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. When the bananas soften and begin to brown carefully add the bourbon to the pan, standing back. 6. Swirl the pan to incorporate the bourbon and using a long-neck lighter, carefully ignite the bourbon.
7. When the flames subside, swirl the pan again to mix the sauce. Lift the bananas out of the pan and place over ice cream. Spoon warm sauce over the top and serve immediately.