- Preheat oven to 350f. Arrange cupcake liners into tray and set aside.
- Pour the coke into a saucepan and add butter and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat until melted and combined. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and both sugars until combined. Pour butter mix into dry mix and stir until smooth and mixed.
- Beat buttermilk, eggs and vanilla then add to batter. Pour mix into cupcake liners and bake for around 20-25 minutes until a skewer or fork comes out clean.
- To make frosting, combine butter and coke over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat and add whiskey. Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Top cooled cupcakes with icing and garnish with a cola bottle candy.
Skills & Techniques
Learn the bartending skills you need to make this drink in our online mixology course, Tipsy Exclusive