Before we get into this glorious Shark Attack Shot, here are some related cherry flavored cocktail recipes: the Best Damn Cherry Cola Shake
, the Cherry Vodka Limeade
, the Cherry Martini
, the Jolly Rancher Cherry Cola
, the Cherry Lime Tequila
, and the Cherry Bourbon Cola.
In regards to the background on the Shark Attack Shot recipe, it was created by Kenneth Rathburn and submitted to Tipsy Bartender as a fan submission — here's the original video with Inna.
There are plenty of other shark-themed cocktails out there too, in case this one is too "bloody" for you. If you're curious about ingredients, this bad boy mixes up tequila, blue curaçao, lemon lime soda, grenadine, and UV Cherry. As a side note, this is a cool variation on all of those bomb shot recipes that are out there.
SHARK ATTACK SHOT
1oz. (30ml) Tequila
Splash of Blue Curaçao
3 oz. (90ml) Lemon Lime Soda
1/2 oz. (15ml) Grenadine
1/2 oz. (15ml) UV Cherry
1. Pour Grenadine and cherry vodka into a shot glass.
2. Hold the shot glass up and place a pint glass over, ensuring the edge of the shot glass is sealed against the base of the pint glass. Quickly flip the two and rest the shot glass in place.
3. In a shaking glass with ice, combine tequila, blue curaçao, and lemon lime soda. Stir to mix.
4. Strain the blue mix into the pint glass with the shot shot glass.
5. To serve, remove the shot glass and shoot contents in pint glass.